Last Updated: 14th November 2021

Legal Aid in Canada: The Complete Guide

Facing a legal case can be overwhelming. We often think that the legal system only serves the rich and our only available option is to represent ourselves in court as hiring private lawyers is too expensive. The government put legal aid programs to ensure that both sides are fairly and properly represented in court to level the playing field. The programs serve low-income people so that they are assisted and informed of their rights and options.  In Canada, legal aid is available in 13 provinces/territories to guarantee that Canadians are extended with legal help and are represented on both sides.

Written by: Piggyy

Verified by:


What is Legal Aid?

The Legal Aid Program in Canada gives government-subsidized legal support to low-income people. The federal government shares costs with provinces and territories to give contribution funding in their respective legal aid programs. They do this as part of their shared responsibility in maintaining a healthy justice system. The federal government oversees criminal law-making and procedure, and provincial/territorial governments administer justice, including legal aid.

Legal aid ensures that justice is not only given to the elite but is equally attainable by those who do not have the means to pay for legal services. The programs assure Canadians that they can be confident in their justice system – that their justice system is fair, relevant, and accessible to everyone.


Who is eligible?

People applying for legal aid are subject to an eligibility review to prove financial incapability, such as the lack of ability to pay for basic needs like food and housing or currently receiving social assistance. Those who have money in the bank or own a house but are currently struggling to pay for legal representation may be considered. 


Types of individuals who can benefit

The following types of individuals can benefit from legal aid:

  1. people accused of a criminal offense,
  2. single parents seeking child support from ex-partners,
  3. victims of domestic violence,
  4. parents seeking custody,
  5. First Nation, Métis or Inuit,
  6. experiencing mental health or addiction issues,
  7. refugees seeking Canadian immigration status,
  8. immigrants facing deportation.


The eligibility review is on a case-to-case basis. Legal subsidies may be partial or full, depending on the legal requirement and your financial capability.


Financial eligibility guidelines

  • Duty counsel and summary legal advice

Duty counsel provides free legal advice to low-income people on family law, criminal law, or immigration law problems. It only gives free counsel but does not take on the whole case nor represent you during the trial. Summary legal advice is the application of the law based on the context of the situation. It also gives legal opinion and advice on the next best action steps. 


Those in need of legal aid services such as duty counsel and summary legal advice can qualify if your annual gross family income as of April 1, 2020, is from below $22,720 for a family of 1, up to below $50,803 for a family of at least 5


  • Certificate Program: Lawyer representation

A Legal Aid Certificate is a voucher that ensures a private practice lawyer. This lawyer accepts your case, gets paid, and represents you for a certain number of hours. To determine your eligibility for this Certificate Program, you will undergo a financial eligibility test.


For family cases excluding domestic abuse and child protection cases: you may qualify for a Legal Aid Certificate if your case is covered by your respective provincial/territorial legal aid office, and as of April 1, 2020, your gross annual total family income and family size are from up to $12,330 for a single boarder to up to $50,803 for a family of 5 or more


  • Certificate Program – domestic violence cases

For Certificate Program on domestic violence cases, your gross annual family income and size as of April 1, 2020, should be from up to $32,131 for a family of 1 to up to $59,440 for a family of 5 or more.


Contribution Agreements

Suppose your income is above the requirements set by your respective legal aid office. In that case, you can still try to qualify for the Certificate Program if your income is below the second set of income levels and you enter into a Contribution Agreement. 

A Contribution Agreement summarizes how much you will pay back to the legal aid office. It is based on the amount of your annual gross income that is above the income limit. The agreement states the amount you are to repay, whether in full or a portion, and the payment frequency, whether in monthly installments or one lump sum. Monthly installments are usually allowed when a portion of the legal fees is to be reimbursed. 

If you do not want to enter into a Contribution Agreement or hesitate because the payments look expensive, you can propose a review of the Agreement if you are in debt or have high medical expenses. 


Objectives of LAP (legal aid program)

LAP aims to:

  1. Promote fair legal proceedings and ensure access to justice for low-income underprivileged persons charged with grave or complex criminal charges and facing the likelihood of imprisonment and for youths accused under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, wherever they live in Canada.
  2. Ensure that Canada can cost-effectively fulfill several of its legal aid responsibilities, such as 1. Criminal legal aid responsibilities in federal prosecutions, such as under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and in Public Security and Anti-terrorism cases; 2. Immigration and refugee legal aid; 3. Management of Court-Ordered Counsel in Federal Prosecutions. 


Activities and Projects


Criminal Legal Aid

LAP delivers criminal legal aid to youth and eligible low-income people charged with serious or complex criminal offenses with a likelihood of prison time.


Immigration and Refugee Aid

LAP provides legal aid services to people with immigration and refugee concerns in the six provinces (British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland, and Labrador).


State-funded Counsel Cases

The LAP also manages state-funded counsel cases on behalf of the federal government, where the Attorney General of Canada is court-mandated to provide paid defense counsel. 


Provincial and territorial legal aid services

The federal government of Canada does not deliver legal aid services. They fund provinces and territories in Canada to provide legal aid services in their respective areas. Refer to the list below for all the provinces and territories with legal aid:

  1. British Columbia
  2. Alberta
  3. Saskatchewan
  4. Manitoba
  5. Ontario
  6. Quebec
  7. New Brunswick
  8. Prince Edward Island
  9. Nova Scotia
  10. Newfoundland and Labrador
  11. Nunavut*
  12. Northwest Territories
  13. Yukon


*Please see the contact details of The Nunavut Legal Services Board below.


British Columbia


Legal Aid BC

Legal Aid BC (LABC) is a non-profit organization established by the Legal Services Society (LSS) Act in 1979 to provide a range of free legal services to low-income people. These services include legal information, advice, and representation services. Their main role is to address the legal needs of economically disadvantaged people, but the bulk of their services are accessible to all British Columbians. The provincial government funds Legal Aid BC and is also supported by the Law Foundation BC and the Notary Foundation of BC. They are autonomous from the government and accountable to the public. 



Legal Advice

For criminal or immigration cases, there is no financial eligibility requirement to obtain free legal advice on the matter. However, for family advice services, you need to undergo a financial eligibility test.  Your household size and net monthly household income should be from below $3,680 for a family of 1 – 4 up to below $5,720 for a family of 7 or more


Legal Representation

You qualify for legal representation if Legal Aid BC covers your legal problem, and your net monthly household income and assets are at or below their financial guidelines.

An intake legal assistant will evaluate your monthly income by calculating your net income and the net income of all the other household members. The intake legal assistant will also look at the value of your assets to see if you are eligible for legal aid. These assets will be considered disposable, that is, able to be sold. 


Financial guidelines (net monthly income) 

An individual assessment may still vary.


For Standard and Family Limited Representation cases: from below $1,670 for a family of 1 to below $5,690 for a family of 7 or more


For CFCSA and Criminal Early Resolution cases: from Below $2,670 for a family of 1 to below $6,690 for a family of 7 or more




  • Legal information outreach workers 
  • Aboriginal community legal workers 
  • Community partners 



  • Duty Counsel Lawyers – Duty Counsel Lawyers are lawyers in courthouses who can advise on criminal law, family law, and child protection.
  • Family Advice Lawyers – Family Advice Lawyers are lawyers at Family Justice Centres and Justice Access Centres. They counsel people going through a separation or divorce about parenting time, support, agreements, and child protection matters.



Legal representation can be given if the legal aid office covers your legal matter, you qualify for the financial eligibility review, and you have no other means of getting legal help. Legal Aid BC covers the following legal problems:

serious family problems

– child protection

– criminal law issues

– immigration

– mental health and prison law issues


Application process

To apply for a legal aid lawyer, you may take the following steps:

  • Apply in person in your nearest legal aid location. Phone ahead to check on their office hours. Make sure to bring your financial and court information during your visit, or
  • Call their call centre. Make sure you have all your pertinent financial and court information at hand. You will still need to provide your financial information to the legal aid office either by fax or dropping them off at your nearest legal aid location, or
  • Come into a courthouse location


Information you need to give during application

You will be asked for your proof of income. These can include one or more of the following:

  • two most recent pay stubs,
  • a recent welfare stub, or
  • latest bank records or income tax return(if you’re self-employed or seasonally employed).
  • proof of the value of your assets
  • any papers you have about your case — such as court orders or papers related to your criminal charge.


To complete your application, an intake assistant will ask you about the following information:

  • your legal problem,
  • income,
  • savings, and
  • assets.


If you do not have the documents they require, they will advise you on your next steps.


Contact information

Telephone Number: 604-408-2172 (Greater Vancouver) 

1-866-577-2525 (elsewhere in BC)

Office Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri (9 am – 4 pm)

Weds (9 am – 2:30 pm) 




Legal Aid Alberta

Legal Aid Alberta (LAA) is a publicly-funded non-profit organization providing accessible legal services in child welfare, domestic violence, family law, immigration, and youth and adult criminal defense. They are present all over Alberta: Calgary, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Red Deer, Siksika Nation, and Wetaskiwin.



To be financially eligible for legal aid, your monthly household income must be:

  • from Below $1,668 for a family of 1 to 
  • Below $3,655 for a family of 6 or more



  1. Adult criminal law
  2. Youth criminal law
  3. Family law
  4. Family violence matters
  5. Mental health
  6. Immigration and refugee law
  7. Civil law


Application Process

Before applying for legal aid, prepare the following information:

  • complete contact information (phone number, mailing address, email address, driver’s license, or ID card number)
  • documents that prove your financial situation (your last pay stub, bank statements, or income support statements)
  • documents that prove your spouse or partner’s financial situation
  • any court dates that are in place
  • any court applications or claims you have made
  • any legal documents you have been served with
  • criminal charge documents (your promise to appear or undertaking to a peace officer)
  • referral from duty counsel
  • immigration documents (your basis of claim)
  • any documents relating to your legal matter

After preparing all these bits of information, you can call their hotline to apply. Be patient as the call wait time is high. 


Contact information

Telephone Number: 1-866-845-3425

Office Hours: Monday to Fridays, 8:15 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. Closed during holidays. 




Legal Aid Saskatchewan

Legal Aid Saskatchewan is a government-funded organization established through the provincial Legal Aid Act. It was established in 1974 and is governed by the Saskatchewan Legal Aid Commission, aiming to provide legal services on criminal and civil matters for financially challenged persons or organizations. 



The following are eligible for legal aid:

  • youth
  • those receiving social assistance
  • those receiving band assistance
  • those working and have a low income


Legal Aid Saskatchewan will consider the following for your eligibility:

  • your income
  • your spouse’s income
  • how many children do you have




Criminal matter

  • Brydges line

Brydges line is legal advice dispensed over the phone to anyone held by the police. It is free of charge. The police will assist you in contacting this line.


  • Duty counsel service

A lawyer will assist you during a bail hearing. This free service is only available for people on remand.


  • Full representation

This service is available for financially disadvantaged people who are facing jail time. A lawyer, who will assist you,  will evaluate if there is merit to the case. 


Family matter

  • A divorce or separation
  • Custody of your child
  • Joint custody of your child
  • Access to your child
  • Support for your child
  • Support for you (spousal support)
  • Have someone declared the father of your child by the court


Other legal problems

  • PLEA 

PLEA stands for Public Legal Education Association of Saskatchewan (PLEA). It is a non-profit, non-government organization providing free legal information across varied platforms. You can access general legal information from dedicated websites, print resources, and presentations, ranging on topics such as consumer, criminal, debts, driving, family, and government.


  • Provincial court

Legal aid can also assist you if you have charges in a provincial court or have a bail hearing there. 


Application Process

  1. Call their Application Center at 1-800-667-3764; or
  2. Reach them via their website, and they will get in touch with you for a phone application. You can fill out the form here; or
  3. Call one of their offices to apply via phone or make an appointment for a face-to-face application. Locate the nearest office to you here


Contact information

You may contact Legal Aid Saskatchewan at 1-800-667-3764 to apply. You can also send your general inquiries on this form




Legal Aid Manitoba

Legal Aid Manitoba (LAM) is a government-funded entity that seeks to ensure accessible justice to disadvantaged Manitobans facing well-resourced persons or organizations in court. They handle various cases such as human rights, environmental, and consumer law cases. The Province of Manitoba, the Government of Canada, Manitoba Law Foundation, and the fees paid by clients fund them. 



Legal Aid Manitoba extends legal assistance to people who are financially eligible and have cases with merit


For free legal aid, they use the general financial guideline below. (based on annual income) 

  • From up to $26,500 for a family of 1 to
  • Up to $70,000 for a family of 7 or more


If you do not qualify for free legal aid, you can qualify for the Agreement to Pay (ATP) Program if you: (1) can pay for your legal fees at legal aid rates; and (2) agree to repay Legal Aid Manitoba with interest-free monthly payments. Below is the general guideline for the ATP Program (based on annual income).

  • From up to $38,500 for a family of 1 to
  • Up to $90,000 for a family of 7 or more




Public Interest

  • Human rights
  • Indigenous rights
  • Consumer rights
  • Poverty
  • Protection of the environment



  • separation
  • divorce
  • protection/prevention orders
  • spousal support
  • domestic abuse
  • child custody/support matters


Immigration & Refugee

  • seeking refugee status
  • opposing deportation
  • opposing removal orders


Residential Tenancies

  • eviction
  • health or safety issues with your rental unit
  • tenant and landlord claims over $200


Child protection

Mental health

Government benefits




Application Process

Online or Telephone

  • Prepare all required documents and information. Refer to the list below on what you need to bring:

    • $25 application fee in cash/money order/certified cheque. 
    • Your private lawyer’s name and contact information (if you have one)
    • Legal documents, court orders, and other documents related to your case
    • Court date and time
    • Pay stubs
    • Bring three pay stubs from your employer or a photocopy of your last tax return.
    • Bring three pay stubs or other proof of income for anyone in your family who is living with you—including a common-law spouse who is also earning some income.
    • Social assistance case number
    • Debts, assets, and expenses
  • If you prefer to apply online, start your online application here. For those who prefer to apply via telephone, call 204.985.8511 or toll-free 1.866.800.8056, Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
  • If you applied online, complete your application over the telephone within 30 days. An interviewer will assist in the completion of your application. Call the Application Center for assistance.
  • Expect to get a written response approximately 1-2 weeks after you apply. The written notice will include information about why your application got approved or rejected and your next steps.


Contact information

Telephone Numbers: 204-985-8500 or 1-800-261-2960

Office Hours: Mon and Tues (12:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.); Weds and Thurs (1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.)

You can also check out their other contact information outside of Winnipeg here




Legal Aid Ontario

Legal Aid Ontario (LAO) provides legal help in English and French to eligible low-income Ontarians on family law, refugee and immigration law, criminal law, and mental health law. LAO funds 72 independent legal clinics and seven student legal services organizations. 



Family law case (annual income)

  • From up to $12,330 for a single boarder to
  • Up to $50,803 for a family of 5 or more


Domestic abuse and child protection case (annual income)

  • From up to $32,131 for a family of 1 to
  • Up to $59,440 for a family of 5 or more



Toll-free telephone service

Call the toll-free number 1‑800‑668‑8258 from Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. if you seek summary legal advice.


Criminal Legal Issues

  • Duty Counsel


Family Legal Issues

  • Family Law Information Centers
  • Family Law Information Program
  • Family Law Service Centers (FLSC)


Legal Clinics

  • Community and Specialty Legal Clinics


Refugee and immigration services

Mental Health Legal Issues

Domestic Violence

Certificate Program


Application Process

  1. Apply online by clicking here.
  2. Apply via telephone by calling 4169791446, toll-free at 18006688258, or through Bell Relay service at 18008550511 from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (EST).
  3. If you are in jail or detention, ask a legal aid worker in the area. 
  4. If you are in a hospital, ask the right’s advisor or patient advocate
  5. Ask your lawyer if you are out of custody and applying for legal aid in a criminal matter.      


Requirements before applying

  1. documents about your legal case
  2. proof of income, if any


Contact information

Telephone Numbers: 416-979-1446 or 18006688258 toll-free

Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 


New Brunswick


New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission

The New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission is a publicly funded institution ensuring a balanced and impartial justice system for the people of New Brunswick. They receive additional funding support from the New Brunswick Law Foundation and fees/recoveries from clients. They cover criminal law and family law. 



Criminal Trial Services and Family Legal Aid

Eligibility and contribution based on gross monthly income (after allowable deductions are subtracted):


No Contribution

  • From up to $1,200 for a family of 1 to up to $2,300 for a family of 6 or more


$150 Contribution

  • From up to $1,900 for a family of 1 to up to $3,500 for a family of 6 or more


$250 Contribution

  • From up to $2,600 for a family of 1 to up to $4,700 for a family of 6 or more




Criminal law


Family law services


Application Process

  • Contact your local legal aid office to schedule an appointment. 
  • Bring required documents and information relevant to the case.
    • Identification 
    • Proof of income  (pay stubs received during thirty (30) days before date of application, income assistance stubs, or Employment Insurance statements)
    • Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment (for seasonal employees employed regularly)
    • latest deposit slip and your Social Assistance-issued white or yellow health card (for those receiving Social Assistance Benefits)
    • Proof of allowable deductions (receipts)
    • All relevant existing court documentation (disclosure, etc.).
  • Expect to be notified within 1-2 weeks after your application.


Contact information

Find your nearest local legal aid office by clicking here


Prince Edward Island


Prince Edward Island Legal Aid

Prince Edward Island Legal Aid provides entry to a justice program for low-income people living in Prince Edward Island needing assistance in legal matters such as criminal law, youth criminal justice, family, or civil law. They have a staff of 9 full-time lawyers with offices in Charlottetown and Summerside. 



PEI Legal Aid Financial Eligibility Guideline Scale: (monthly income before income tax)

  • From up to $1,469 for a family of 1 to up to $3,544 for a family of 6



  1. Criminal Legal Aid
  2. Family and Civil Legal Aid


Application Process

  • Contact your local legal aid office in Charlottetown or Summerside to make an application.
  • Prepare the documents and information relevant to the case and application. 
    • information relevant to the legal proceedings
    • your employment status and income
    • your spouse or partner’s employment status and i
    • family size and number of dependents living in your household
    • child or spousal support payments
    • property-related financial information
    • financial information pertinent to debts, assets, and liabilities
    • a previous application for legal aid – whether yours or anyone else involved in the legal proceedings 
  • The legal aid intake staff will inform you if your application is most likely approved. A staff lawyer will evaluate your legal needs to decide if you need summary advice, further assessment, limited assistance, or full assistance. 


Contact information


Criminal Legal Aid Applications and Inquiries

Telephone Numbers: 902-368-6043 (Charlottetown) or 902-888-8219 (Summerside)


Family and Civil Legal Aid Applications and Inquiries

Telephone Numbers: 902-368-6656 (Charlottetown) or 902-888-8066 (Summerside)


Nova Scotia


Nova Scotia Legal Aid

Nova Scotia Legal Aid (NS Legal Aid) provides legal help to Nova Scotians facing criminal, family, or social justice issues. 



NS Legal Aid provides legal information or advice to anyone. To qualify for legal representation, you have to fulfill their three criteria: (1) you are within their financial guideline; (2) your case is covered by their office; (3) your case has merit. 

You can inquire via their telephone number or fill up a general inquiry form to know if you are eligible. 



Legal information


Legal Advice

  • Duty Counsel Lawyer
  • Telephone Advice
  • Summary Advice


Legal representation


Application Process

  1. Apply online here
  2. For telephone applications, find the local legal aid office in your area here
  3. You can also visit your local legal aid office to apply. 


Contact information

Find your nearest local legal aid office by clicking here


Newfoundland and Labrador


Legal Aid NL

Legal Aid NL offers a range of legal services to financially challenged people of Newfoundland and Labrador. These legal services cover family, criminal law, youth criminal law, immigration & refugee matters, and other civil and administrative tribunal matters. 



  1. A Client Services Officer will assess if you qualify financially. They have no set financial guidelines to qualify for legal aid. 
  2. Their legal aid office must cover your case. 



  1. Duty counsel at provincial court
  2. Duty counsel – family division
  3. Mental health court
  4. 24-hour advice for persons detained by police


Application Process

By Appointment

  1. Call your local legal aid office to secure an appointment. 
  2. During the call, ask what information and documentation you need to bring. Inform the staff if you have a court date, an emergency, or are currently under investigation by authorities.


Mail-in Application

  1. Fill out the Application Form for Legal Aid. Make sure to fill out all relevant information, attach the necessary financial documents, and sign the application.
  2. Mail your application to the nearest Legal Aid office


Drop Off

  1. Fill out the Application Form for Legal Aid. Make sure to fill out all relevant information, attach the necessary financial documents, and sign the application.
  2. Drop off your application at the nearest Legal Aid office. Contact the office first to make sure staff are available to receive your documents. Intake office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (4:00 p.m. in the summer).


Contact information

Find your nearest local legal aid office by clicking here.


Northwest Territories


Northwest Territories Legal Aid

Northwest Territories Legal Aid offers a range of legal services for low-income residents of Northwest Territories. These legal services cover criminal law, youth criminal matters, and family law. 



Eligibility Threshold effective 1 April 2019



Household SizeAnnual Net Income
Zone 1Zone 2Zone 3



Household SizeAnnual Net Income
Zone 1Zone 2Zone 3



Household SizeAnnual Net Income
Zone 1Zone 2Zone 3



  1. criminal and Youth Criminal Justice Act charges
  2. serious offenses under covered by the Canadian Criminal Code and other federal laws
  3. less serious offenses that might lead to your imprisonment or loss of your livelihood
  4. some court decision appeals
  5. child access, custody, or support cases
  6. spousal support cases
  7. division of property and divorce when relevant to child support
  8. child welfare matters


Application Process

  1. Secure an appointment with one of the legal aid offices in Yellowknife or with a community court worker for help in filling out an application. 
  2. Prepare the necessary financial information
  3. Once approved, a lawyer will be assigned to represent you. 


Contact information

Telephone Numbers:  18677679361 or 18448358050 toll-free

Email Address: [email protected]



*Note: Website is password-protected. 



The Nunavut Legal Services Board may be contacted as follows:

Maliiganik Tukisiiniakvik

P.O. Box 29

Iqaluit NU X0A 0H0

General Line (toll-free) 1-866-202-5593

Poverty Line (toll-free) 1-866-677-4726


Keewatin Legal Services Centre

P.O. Box 420

Rankin Inlet NU X0C 0G0

Family Line (toll-free) 1-866-606-9400


Kitikmeot Law Centre

P.O. Box 96

Cambridge Bay NU X0B 0C0

General Line (toll-free) 1-866-240-4006


Frequently asked questions

Will the Legal Aid Program cover my legal aid costs?

The LAP does not provide direct funding to individuals for their legal expenses. Federal funding is given to provinces and territories to carry out relevant legal services with their policies and procedures. Check with your local legal office if their office covers your case and if you are eligible for legal assistance. 

Can you get a free lawyer in Canada?

Yes, you can get a free lawyer in Canada provided you qualify for the financial guidelines set in your local legal aid office, their office covers your legal case, and your case has merit. 

Who administers legal aid in Canada?

The provincial/territorial governments administer legal aid to serve the interests of low-income people facing criminal, youth criminal, family, immigration & refugee cases.

What cases are not covered by legal aid in Canada?

The following cases are not covered by legal aid in Canada:

  • lawsuits, whether you are sued or the one suing
  • simple divorce cases
  • hearings for non-compliance with a support order
  • libel or slander cases
  • wills
  • election-related matters
  • human rights issues
  • a first offense for impaired driving, careless driving, or consumption of liquor by a minor (if there are no other charges)
  • Workers Safety and Compensation Commission matters
  • Real estate transactions
  • Property divisions
  • Wills and estates
  • Corporate or commercial matters
  • Civil suits such as people suing each other
  • Fee-generating cases
Why does Canada use legal aid?

Canada provides legal aid to ensure everyone has fair access to justice. Everyone has a right to due process, and legal aid ensures that both sides, especially the disadvantaged side, can be properly informed, educated, and represented. 


A healthy justice system serves everyone regardless of their income, and legal aid programs maintain this balancing act of fairly representing low-income disadvantaged people. In Canada, legal aid programs are in place in all ten provinces and three territories to ensure that everyone gets a chance in due process. Financial eligibility guidelines grant access to those in most need of legal support and guarantee that it will not be abused by those who can pay for legal expenses. Applications are made easier, with some provinces offering online options and the majority having toll-free numbers.  


״The secret of happiness, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less״ - Socrates

Did you find this article helpful?
0 / 5

Voted by 0 Users

Share this article: